What is AirBaltic baggage policy?
The AirBaltic baggage policy for regular basic fares include the following:
- Carry-on baggage.
- 1 personal item - Fee free
- 1 carry-on item - Fee free
- Checked baggage / Hold luggage - Applicable fees per bag increase with number checked
- Overweight and Oversize bags - Applicable fees per bag depending on weight and size categories
- Sports equipment - Certain items might have applicable fees
What is AirBaltic carry-on baggage policy?
On AirBaltic flights, each Economy class passenger is allowed to carry on board 1 cabin bag (55x40x23 cm) + 1 personal item (30x40x10 cm) in total weight of 8 kilograms unless you have upgraded your cabin baggage allowance up to 12 kilograms. AirBaltic allows 1 carry-on bag and 1 personal item (purse, briefcase, laptop bag) per passenger fee free. Even though cabin baggage dimensions and amount of pieces remains the same, from 9.99 EUR now you can take up to 12 kg of cabin baggage with you.
Carry-on should not exceed the following size and weight restrictions:
- 55x40x23cm including handles and wheels
- Fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you.
Personal item should not exceed the following size and weight restrictions:
- 30x40x10cm in total weight of 8kg
- Fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you
- A jacket, umbrella, diaper bag, duty free items, and assistive devices (wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, strollers, child restraint seats, etc.) do not count towards your carry-on allowance.
NOTE: Bulkhead seats do not have under seat storage, therefore, all carry-on baggage must be stowed in the overhead bin during take-off and landing.
What is AirBaltic checked baggage / hold luggage policy?
AirBaltic standard checked baggage / hold luggage policy details follow:
- Business Class – 2 bags with a joint weight of up to 40 kg free of charge.
- Premium Class – 1 bag (max. 20 kg) free of charge.
- Basic Class (Economy) – from 19.99 EUR per bag per one way journey while booking tickets on airBaltic.com. Checked baggage fees can vary depending on the selected route and flight duration.
Are there fees for baggage on AirBaltic?
Yes, fees might apply. They are determined by the type of fare you purchase, your destination, if you are an active or retired military personnel, if you have status with AirBaltic frequent flyer program, status with an affiliated carrier, or if you have a AirBaltic sponsored credit/charge card.
AirBaltic standard checked baggage / hold luggage fees follow per one way:
- From 19.99 EUR while booking tickets on AirBaltic.com;
- From 34.99 EUR once you already have a ticket via Manage my booking or during online check-in;
- From 35 EUR at travel agencies or AirBaltic ticket offices;
- 60 EUR at the airport check-in desk;
- 60 EUR at the gate if the cabin bag is found to exceed the size and/or weight restrictions and has to be checked in.
PINS VIP members:
- With a Business ticket – 4 pieces (up to 80 kg) free of charge;
- With a Premium ticket – 3 pieces (up to 60 kg) free of charge;
- No free baggage allowance for Basic ticket holders.
PINS Executive members
- With a Business ticket – 3 pieces (up to 60 kg) free of charge;
- With a Premium ticket – 2 pieces (up to 40 kg) free of charge;
- No free baggage allowance for Basic ticket holders.
What is AirBaltic fee for overweight baggage?
If any piece of checked baggage exceeds the 20 kg per bag allowance, passengers will be charged a 50 EUR heavy baggage fee. This charge is applied per bag not per kg. The maximum weight of one piece of checked baggage is 32 kg.
If your checked baggage exceeds both the number of pieces and the weight allowance, both fees will be applied simultaneously.
What is AirBaltic fee for oversize baggage?
If any piece of checked baggage exceeds the maximum dimensions of 100x50x80 cm, a bulky baggage fee in the amount of 60 EUR will be charged per one way journey. This fixed charge is applied to a bag that weighs up to 20 kg.
Bulky baggage that exceeds the weight of 20 kg will incur a 110 EUR charge per bag per one way journey. This fee comprises a 60 EUR bulky baggage fee and a 50 EUR heavy baggage fee. The maximum weight of one piece of checked baggage is 32 kg.
Are there fees for sports equipment on AirBaltic?
Sports equipment fees per set per one way journey for Basic and Premium ticket holders:
39.99 EUR via the Online payment form;
40 EUR via other sales channels (e.g. agencies or ticket offices);
60 EUR at the airport.
For more specific information regarding bicycles, diving equipment, golf equipment, skiing equipment, snowboarding equipment, ice hockey equipment, fishing equipment and surf/kite board and windsurfing equipment click here.
What is AirBaltic lost baggage policy?
If your baggage is not located within 21 days of arrival, you are entitled to file a claim for compensation. We recommend submitting a claim to your insurance company as the liability of the carrier in case of total loss of checked luggage is limited according to Article 22 of the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules for International Carriage by air (Montreal, 28 May 1999). Please do not hesitate to contact the AirBaltic Customer Relations department if you need a confirmation letter for your insurance company.
However, if you wish to claim your expenses directly from the airline, please submit your application along with a list of the lost items and their value, as well as any purchase receipts (if applicable) to the AirBaltic Customer Relations department via the online form.