What is Unaccompanied Minor Service?
Young children traveling without a parent or legal guardian are considered to be Unaccompanied Minors. Most airlines provide a service to assist these children from their point of departure to their final destination.
What age does my child have to be to qualify as an Unaccompanied Minor?
The service is mandatory for children ages 5-12 traveling without an adult.
Children under 5 years of age are not allowed to travel unless accompanied by an adult.
What are the fees associated with this service?
Contact Oman Air for fee information.
Are there any flight restrictions?
Unaccompanied minors are accepted on Oman Air direct flights only, without involving a transfer or an overnight stopover, unless the parent or guardian has arranged for the child to be met and cared for at the transfer point.
A parent/guardian must provide:
- Unaccompanied Minor's name, age, sex, and languages spoken
- Details of journey covered by the Oman Air ticket
- Name, address, and telephone number of contacts at the departure airport, arrival airport, and at the transfer airport, if applicable.
- Special instruction about diet, tendency to airsickness, or any other important information
- Declaration of parent or guardian and signature
- Confirmation for release of minor from the Oman Air custody
At the airport
An Oman Air Airport Customer Service member will be responsible for:
- Receive the unaccompanied minor from the parent or adult relative.
- Attend to all check-in and departure procedures and escort the UM to the aircraft.
- If the travel itinerary includes a transfer, a member of the Oman air Customer Service Staff will see him/her safely onboard the connecting flight.
- UM pouch with travel documents would be handed over to the Senior flight attendant onboard.
- Onboard, your child will be assisted to be seated on the preassigned seat and a cabin crew would be allocated to take care.
- The child will be briefed on seat appliances such as call button, lights, and entertainment channels.
- Demonstrate to child on how to fasten and unfasten seatbelt.
- Offer game kit or coloring book.
- Check regularly on child's needs, food and beverage, general comfort and the need to go to the toilet, etc.
- Prepare child to sleep, and if not, keep him/her occupied by playing, speaking and certain instances arranging to visit to flight deck upon pilot's permission.
Your child will be escorted from the aircraft by an Oman Air Customer Service Staff member at the destination point and will be guided through the airport formalities until the arrival terminal until the handing-over point, as per pre-departure arrangements. Identification will be required before handing over to the parent/guardian.
How do I book this service?
Call an Oman Air Sales office.