What methods of transport does Rossiya Airlines provide for my pet?
- Travel in the passenger cabin.
- Checked as baggage in pressurized and temperature controlled area of your aircraft.
- Shipped as cargo in pressurized and temperature controlled area.
Does my pet qualify for travel in the Rossiya Airlines passenger cabin?
Pets that meet the following qualifications can travel in the passenger cabin:
- Your pet can comfortably remain in its kennel, under the seat for the entire flight.
- Only domesticated dogs, cats, ferrets, meerkats, decorative hedgehogs, birds, and rabbits are allowed.
- Dogs and cats are at least 8 weeks old and have been weaned for at least 5 days before departure.
- The kennel is specifically made for animal carriage.
- Your pet has all necessary health documents required by your destination (see below for more information).
Does my pet qualify for travel on Rossiya Airlines as checked baggage?
Pets that meet the following qualifications can travel as checked baggage:
- Your pet can comfortably remain in its kennel for the entire flight
- The kennel meets all requirements (see below for more information) and the combined weight of the animal and kennel does not exceed 50 kg/110 lbs
- Your pet has all necessary health documents required by your destination (see below for more information)
Does my pet qualify to be shipped as cargo on Rossiya Airlines?
If your pet does not meet the requirements for travel in the cabin or as checked baggage, or you would like your pet to travel unaccompanied, contact Rossiya Airlines for more information.
What are the fees associated with pet transport on Rossiya Airlines?
Fee for animal in the passenger cabin or as checked baggage:
- Flights within Russian Federation: 800 rub/kg
- Flights outside of Russian Federation: 13 EUR/kg
What are Rossiya Airlines' kennel requirements?
In addition to the size and weight maximums kennels must meet the following requirements:
- Be leak-proof and escape-proof.
- Be properly ventilated, but not allow any part of the animal from protruding outside of the container.
- Provide enough room for the animal to stand and turn around.
- Be made of metal, wood, or a hard plastic/composite.
- Contain absorbent material or litter.
- Have functional handles on the kennel's exterior to prevent tilting and any direct contact with the animals.
- Be closed securely, but not locked.
- Have labels with the words "Live Animal" in letters at least 1-inch tall on the crate's top and on at least one side.
- Have upright arrow labels indicating kennel's correct position.
What health documentation is required for transporting a pet on Rossiya Airlines?
Rossiya Airlines requires s health certificate, administered by a veterinarian, that is no more than 21 days old. Some States and Countries require additional health documents. As it is the passenger's responsibility to be aware of all regulations, you should consult your veterinarian and the Department of Agriculture to ensure that your animal will comply with all requirements.
Are there any other restrictions for transporting a pet on Rossiya Airlines?
Rossiya Airlines can refuse to transport an animal due to illness, aggressive behavior, poor kenneling, or extreme temperatures at origin, transfer, or destination airports. A passenger is fully liable for his or her domestic animals. Rossiya Airlines is not liable for bodily injuries, illnesses, loss, delay in delivery during transportation through other countries or areas.
Short nosed dogs/cats are only accepted for travel at owner's risk.
Service animals traveling on Rossiya Airlines.
Please contact a representative at Rossiya Airlines directly for detailed information about traveling with a service animal.