What methods of transport does TACA provide for my pet?
TACA only provides pet service for animals travelling as hand luggage which meet the specified requirements.
*The only exception to these rules is for guide or assistance dogs. These dogs must not exceed 40 kilos (88 lbs) and can travel without a kennel.
Does my pet qualify for travel in the passenger cabin?
- Dogs and cats travelling on all flights must be at least 8 week old
- All animals (including their carrier) must weigh under 6kg (13.2 lbs)
Does TACA limit the number of pets allowed in the cabin per flight?
Yes, TACA only allows 3 pets in the cabin per flight. Be sure to request pet service as far in advance as possible by calling TACA’s call center.
Does my pet qualify to travel as checked baggage?
No, pets cannot travel as checked baggage on any TACA flights.
Does my pet qualify to be shipped as cargo?
No, TACA does not provide a service to ship animals as cargo.
What are the fees associated with pet transport?
For flights to/from the USA and Canada, pets travelling as hand luggage are charged a fee of USD $125.
For flights on all other international routes, pets travelling as hand luggage are charged a fee of USD $100.
What are the kennel requirements?
- The maximum dimensions of the pet carrier are: 43 cm (17in) X 30 cm (12 in) X 18 cm (7 in)
- All carriers must be spill-proof
- All carriers must be large enough for the animal to stand up and turn around in.