What is Unaccompanied Minor Service?
Volaris’ Unaccompanied Minor Service provides assistance to help check-in and board the minor onto the aircraft. Once onboard the aircraft, the minor is taken care of if any special needs arise. Once at the final destination, the minor is accompanied through immigration processes and baggage claim until they are safely delivered to the designated person picking them up.
What are the rules and restrictions for Unaccompanied Minor Service?
- This service is required for passengers between the ages of 5 and 11. Passengers between the ages of 12 and 18 have the option to travel as Unaccompanied Minors or Adults.
- Minors between the ages of 2 and 4 may travel using this service as long as they are also travelling with another minor between the ages of 12 and 17 who will assume responsibility for the child. In this case, both minors will travel using this service.
- The adult responsible for the minor must accompany the minor to the counter at the origin and/or the destination airport.
- The adult at the origin airport must inform Volaris personnel of the information of the person picking up the minor at the destination airport.
- The adult responsible for the minor must check with the Department of Immigration in the countries of origin/destination in regards to requirements or permits required for the minor’s entry and exit.
Is this service available on all flights?
This service is available on all domestic and international flights; however, only ten (10) unaccompanied minors will be accepted per flight.
How do I book this service?
For more information on this service, please contact Volaris’ Call Center toll free at 01 800 122 8000 from Mexico or at 1 866 988 3527 from the US.