What methods of transport does Air Caraïbes (TX) provide for my pet?
When booking your pet's spot with Air Caraïbes (TX), you should indicate the breed, weight, and dimensions of their carrier. You can contact them directly at (+33) 0820-835-835 for more information.
Traveling In The Cabin
- Dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, and hamsters can be transported in the cabin if the maximum weight of the pet and carrier is under 11 lbs (5 kg) on domestic flights and 15 lbs (7 kg) on international.
- The animal must remain inside their carrier for the duration of the flight and must travel at the feet of the passenger.
- Animals under 8 weeks are not permitted to travel with Air Caraïbes (TX). Transportation is not included in the baggage allowance. The fee for this service is € 50 ($56 USD).
Traveling As Checked Baggage
- Dogs and cats who weigh more than the maximum weight for transport in the cabin can travel in the hold instead.
- The maximum weight for pets traveling in the hold is 110 lbs (50 kg).
- Only pets without a strong odor and who are deemed healthy enough to travel in the hold will be accepted.
- Acceptance in the hold varies depending on availability and the size of your animal.
- The fee for pets on domestic flights is calculated as checked baggage. On international flights, passengers with pets will be charged a fee of € 70 ($80 USD).
Traveling as Cargo
- Unaccompanied pets and animals that don't meet the requirements to travel as checked baggage or in the cabin, may be transported as freight instead.
- To find out if your pet qualifies, please contact Air Caraïbes (TX) by phone at (+33) 0590-21-17-80
- For pets traveling in the cabin, carriers must not exceed the combined dimensions of 45" (115 cm).
- For pets traveling in the hold, carriers vary depending on the size of your animal.
- The smallest carrier accepted in the hold is 21" x 16" x 15" (53 cm x 40 cm x 38 cm)
- The largest is 48" x 32" x 35" (121 cm x 81 cm x 88).
Carriers must allow animals to lie down comfortably, turn around, and stand up without their heads touching the top.
Wooden cages are not accepted.
Air Caraïbes (TX) does not allow the following breeds to travel:
- Pit Bulls
- Staffordshire Terrier
- American Straffordshire Terrier