What is Azores Airlines' (S4) baggage policy?
The Azores Airlines (S4) baggage policy for regular basic fares include the following:
- 1 personal item - Fee free
- 1 carry-on item - Fee free
- Checked baggage allowance determined by flight route
- Overweight and oversize bags - Applicable fees per bag depending on route
- Sports equipment - subject to baggage restrictions and overweight/oversized fees, if applicable
What is Azores Airlines' (S4) carry-on baggage policy?
Azores Airlines (S4) allows 1 personal item (purse, briefcase, laptop bag) per passenger fee free, as well as a carry-on allowance determined by your ticket class.
The allowances and restrictions are as follows:
- Economy Class
- One piece of luggage
- 115 cm (55 x 40 x 20 cm) including handles and wheels
- 8 kg or 17 pounds
- Executive Class
- Two pieces of luggage
- 126 cm (56 x 45 x 25 cm) including handles and wheels per piece
- 10 kg or 22 pounds per piece
NOTE: Bulkhead seats do not have under seat storage, therefore, all carry-on baggage must be stowed in the overhead bin during take-off and landing.
What is Azores Airlines' (S4) checked baggage / hold luggage policy?
Azores Airlines' (S4) checked baggage / hold luggage policy depends on the class of ticket purchased and the route travelled. Each checked bag cannot be heavier than 32 kg; for live animals in the cargo hold, musical instruments, and sports equipment the maximum weight per checked bag is 45 kg. Below are the allowances:
- Portugal domestic, Europe, Africa, and Brasil flights:
- Executive Class Comfort ticket: 64 kg/141 lb
- Economy Class Value ticket: 46 kg/101 lb
- Economy Class Smart ticket: 35 kg/77 lb
- Economy Class Discount ticket: 23 kg/50 lb
- Goldsky passengers flying with Discount or Smart fares, in Economy Class or with an awards ticket recieve an additional 10 kg/22 lb above paid allowance
- United States and Canada flights:
- Executive Class Comfort ticket: 2 pieces at no more than 32 kg/70 lb each
- Economy Class Value ticket: 2 pieces at no more than 23 kg/50 lb each
- Economy Class Smart ticket: 1 piece at no more than 23 kg/50 lb each
- Economy Class Discount ticket: 1 piece at no more than 23 kg/50 lb each
- Goldsky passengers flying with Discount or Smart fares, in Economy Class or with an awards ticket recieve an additional piece of luggage no more than 10 kg/22 lb above paid allowance
Passengers travelling between the United States and Cape Verde with Discount and Smart tickets have an allowance of 2 pieces at no more than 23 kg each/50 lb.
Are there fees for baggage on Azores Airlines (S4)?
There are no fees for baggage within your baggage allowance. However, fees are levied for excess baggage.
What is Azores Airlines' (S4) fee for excess baggage?
Azores Airlines (S4) charges excess baggage fees depending on the flight route. The fees are as follows:
- Portugal domestic routes: EUR 4 per kg
- Europe and Africa routes: EUR 15 per kg or GBP 15 per kg
- USA and Canada routes: CAD 100 or USD 100 or EUR 80 per excess piece or per bag between 24 kg and 32 kg
Are there fees for sports equipment on Azores Airlines (S4)?
Certain categories of sports equipment can travel free of charge, provided that you make reservations with Azores Airlines prior to departure and the equipment is within the allowances, which are in addition to the passenger's original baggage allowance. The allowances by type are as follows:
- Fishing equipment: up to 10 kg
- Horseback riding equipment: up to 10 kg
- Diving and canyoning equipment: up to 15 kg
- Golf equipment: up to 15 kg
- Boards and kayaks: up to 10 kg
- Bikes: up to 10 kg
- Hang-gliders and paragliders: up to 15 kg
CPAPs are accepted subject to pre-reservation and confirmation by SATA and must be sent to the airline the medical clearance. This equipment’s may be carried free of charge as checked (properly packed – rigid and resisted container) or carry-on baggage and used on board, respecting the following procedures: Each battery used in the device or spares batteries shall not exceed: 8g for non-rechargeable batteries, or a maximum of 160 Wh for rechargeable batteries.The device must either be protected from inadvertent activation, or the battery must be disconnected and the battery terminals insulated (e.g. tapping the exposed terminals), or packing it in the original package, or placing each battery in a separate case; A maximum of two spare batteries are allowed; Each spare battery must be protected from short circuit by insulation of the battery terminals.